Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Purpose!

As part of my final paper for my Masters, I need to be involved and document my involvement in a ‘community of practice’. But how to find one that suits my needs, connects me with like-minded people and challenges my thinking? The answer – set one up myself.

The research part of my project is going to be looking at using the class blog to increase parent engagement in student learning and as a relative newby to using blogs, I thought it would be best to learn on the job and set one up for my own purpose.

I am going to try to write at least weekly, reflecting on my thoughts regarding parent engagement, particularly reaching the ‘hard to reach’ parents. I would also like to use this space to help build the use of the class blog, so ideas are very welcome!

1 comment:

  1. YAY Janine, welcome to the world of blogging. I will follow your blog with interest and look forward to collaborating, sharing, learning and more...
    AK

    ReplyDelete